Lets Start A Conversation –WDYTIA’s House Rules
This is a space, a place for you to start a conversation, join in one or simply just be a part of it. We hope this will be a place where conversation and debate can really flourish; in order to make this possible we ask you to follow our house rules on conduct and other related issues so that our ‘Let’s Start A Conversation’ environment will be a welcoming and likable space without any unpleasantness.
- Please let everyone have a voice. Remember that any disagreements should be against the argument/point of view and not the person voicing it, so no personal attacks please. This includes any posts/materials that are vulgar, defamatory, harassing, hateful, threatening, an invasion of others privacy or a violation of any laws.
- Please respect WDYTIA’s committed approach to ensuring the environment is and remains anti- discriminatory. Any discriminatory, behaviour, language or comment, which is racist, homophobic, transphobic, sexist or discriminatory on the grounds of religion, disability, class, or age will not be tolerated. The moderator may remove without warning anyone who does not comply with these rules.
- Please challenge the arguments/ point of views of others with the intention of facilitating growth, rather than deliberately demeaning or disrespecting.
- Please be open to respectful challenge or confrontation of your point of view for the purpose of encouraging a healthy debate/ exploration of the particular issue.
- Please do not submit posts that are of an inflammatory nature, just to deliberately annoy, mislead or upset people, so please, no trolling.
- Please do not spam. Note any irrelevant or advertising posts will be removed. Please also ensure you don’t post the same message twice on the forum. Therefore please determine the most appropriate topic and post one message there, to ensure messages are not redundant.
- Please do not use multiple accounts to disrupt boards, upset/annoy users or to avoid pre- moderation, in situations where this might occur.
- Please do not bump or create duplicate threads, or post in such a way as to cause technical errors/problems, or any other attempt to disrupt the normal flow of conversation.
- Please do not post pornographic, sexually offensive or sexually explicit material.
- Please do not break the law, this includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court, or participate in any illegal behaviour on this site. Any behaviour/ action that condones, exploits, or makes use of illegal material is illegal here as well.
- Please remember you remain solely responsible for the content of your messages and ensuring you are posting original material, which does not breach the copyright of another person/body, or does not endanger the safety or wellbeing of others.
- Please be aware of your own safety and the safety of others, by not posting any personal information about yourself or someone else that is not appropriate for a public forum.
- Please do not impersonate someone else.
- Please be considerate in language you use on the interactive services. We do not wish to stop you from expressing yourself in a way that may be natural to you. Swearing is not completely banned, however there is a filter procedure in place by the moderators, who will replace certain words with asterisks, in order to reduce any offence to other users. Therefore we ask you not to swear unnecessarily in situations where you feel your right to express will not be infringed. Please also be aware that our filter system will remove any words that appear on our banned list, which are considered to be of a discriminatory nature.
- Please try to stay on topic/ post on topic for the thread/topic area. If you feel you are going off topic, but still wish to have a conversation about a certain subject matter, please start a new topic/ thread.
- Please use the English language only. This is simply because we do not have the relevant resources to offer a translation services, and this will also pose problems for our moderation procedure.